PDA

View Full Version : Words in Dictionary Widget....

MightyMac
08-24-2005, 01:44 AM
My friend showed me this, so I can't take credit for discovering it on my own. But I am currently trying to invent/concoct alcohol infused water (among many other things), which will take some time, since I am merely at a nacent stage. But, once perfected for the palate, I will reveal my discovery to this forum first and foremost...Alas I digress, fare Maiden, thy bid thee the following:

I find the dictionary widget to be quite a resource, especially if one wants to know what "****wad" or "rtfm" mean. Look 'em up.. :p

What say yee??

Aptmunich
08-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Want another trick?

Put the mouse cursor over a word (take your post for on this page instance), press Ctrl, command + d and it'll show you the definition without opening the whole dictionary app.

MightyMac
08-24-2005, 09:04 AM
Want another trick?

Put the mouse cursor over a word (take your post for on this page instance), press Ctrl, command + d and it'll show you the definition without opening the whole dictionary app.

That is awesome. Thanks so much. I'll be using that trick frequently.

Merlinblack
08-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Want another trick?

NEAT! I'll be trying that when I get home.

Is that the widget that comes with tiger or the one available on apple.com?

MightyMac
08-25-2005, 01:37 AM
NEAT! I'll be trying that when I get home.

Is that the widget that comes with tiger or the one available on apple.com?

These are the widgets that came with tiger....of course you can always down load more from the diverse selection ;)

Dictionary
Calculator
Calendar
Address Book
World Clock
Weather
Unit Converter
iTunes
Flight Tracker
Translator
Stickies
Tile Game
Stocks
Phone Book

Merlinblack
08-25-2005, 02:10 AM
These are the widgets that came with tiger....of course you can always down load more from the diverse selection ;)

Dictionary
Calculator
Calendar
Address Book
World Clock
Weather
Unit Converter
iTunes
Flight Tracker
Translator
Stickies
Tile Game
Stocks
Phone Book

Thanks I wasn't sitting in front of my mac when I posted so I wasn't sure what was in dashboard.

Cool trick none the less