Videos not showing up or playing on iPhone 4?

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Okay, first up, I am NOT very technology savvy. Probably thus why I have come here to ask advice!

I'm having a little problem with my iPhone 4. I have some videos (videos I've taken myself) I can't get on the iPhone. I add them, but on the iPhone, they never show up. I've done some googling but haven't found anything much of help. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? I've heard of other people having the same issue, but as they're as technology challenged as me they haven't been able to find a solution either... could it be the file type? And if so, what would the file type of the video have to be to show up and play on the iPhone?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Handbrake can convert pretty much any video to a format that the iPhone can play.

Do you know which format your video is in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
iPhone 4 supports .m4v, .mp4, .mov and Motion JPEG video formats natively and you can get apps that will play most avi variants.

But if you download Handbrake, open the avi file in that and choose the iPhone 4 preset. It'll convert it to an appropriate format for you to add into iTunes and sync with your phone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.