Looking for good Quality Audio hub

Reaction score
First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but I figured it would be perfect for this area of the forum.

I am looking for something really specific and simple. I have a 27" iMac (2010) i3 and there is only 1 audio out input in the back. I switch between my headphones and my speakers constantly and it gets annoying changing the input every time. I was wondering if there was some sort of Audio hub (good quality, I hate "Humming" and noises in my speakers or headphones) where I can plug both in and change between the two as I please?

Any help is appreciated!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Quick search turned up this one. Not a switch, but cheap enough to try and toss if it doesn't work.

You could probably find something at Amazon also.

OP
bentharbour
Reaction score
thanks!
anyone else have any suggestions?
I searched on amazon, but I wouldn't mind hearing some suggestions from people who own something like it.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
i really like the last gen digidesign hardware.

the mbox2 mini would do the trick. they've recently been updated so you may be able to get an old digi one (they recently got bought out by avid) dirt cheap.

as for the humming: focusrite have a really good reputation for audio circuitry like this. you could use something like the saffire pro... but its probably over kill if you just wanna swap between the two. even the mbox is a little bit over kill, but hey, its decent hardware.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
pro tools comes with it :) the focusrite comes with ableton live lite or something like that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.