harddrive that connects to pc and mac?

A

Aarow

I've decided that i'm going to get a mini, probally around my birthday(october) or christmas. Are there external harddrives that can connect to two computers at the same time( i want to access our music and pictures). If there is, does the new hard drive just show up in the "my computer" window on a pc?

ps. I remember seeing a stand for a monitor that lets you slide the mini underneath it, does anybody have a link to this?

OP
T

The Fly

As far as two computers using the same drive at once, you would probably have to set up a network with sharing enabled.

OP
M

Merlinblack

IMO it would be best to set-up a network share that either you connect to from the mac or from the PC, depending on where your files are. It will be faster and probably a lot easier than transfering stuff with a USB/firewire external hard drive. Both computers can use the share at the same time.

Plus no extra cost to you assuming you already have a router/switch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.