This is what I'm looking to do... Help!

Reaction score
Hey ya'll,
I've searched for this on the forum and didn't find the answer that I'm looking for. I'm hoping that you someone can help me out. This is what I'm trying to do:

I'm trying to setup my drives as NAS, access them online outside of my network, share them with who I want and also stream the movies/music stored on these drives to either my Apple TV 2 or PS3.

I currently have a Pogoplug installed and got everything to work the way I want, however Pogo is extemely buggy and slow. I'd like to eliminate this if possible and to everything directly through the Airport extreme. I should probably ask, is this even possible?

I have limited networking experience (obviously!) so you may have to talk slow.. :p

Currently this is my equipment:

MacBook Pro 13" 2010
Airport Extreme Base station
DSL modem through At&t
Apple TV 2
PS 3
500 GB Western Digital HD
250 GB Western Digital HD

I don't have a problem getting the HD's shared on my local network using airport utility, my problem is getting the data shared on the Apple TV and accessing via the internet.

Thanks a ton!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.