• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Store is Down

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
http://store.apple.com/us

Looks like some refresh is going on. I'm guessing this means that there won't be any major changes that people have been speculating like lightpeak, axing the optical drive, or switching to SSD only (far fetched anyway). I doubt Apple would make such large changes without a press event.

I know Intel's event is coming up today, but I don't think Apple will keep the store down for 6 hours for that. It looks like the two were just coincidence.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Australian store is also down. From memory, they haven't updated them simultaneously before... Could be wrong though =\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
They have been down at the same time before. But the time back up is usually a little different.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Is it just me, or does the 15" MBP only come in i7 configuration...according the the specs? Looks like they did a nice processor upgrade throughout the MBP line. I like it!

Reaction score
http://store.apple.com/us

Looks like some refresh is going on. I'm guessing this means that there won't be any major changes that people have been speculating like lightpeak, axing the optical drive, or switching to SSD only (far fetched anyway). I doubt Apple would make such large changes without a press event.

I know Intel's event is coming up today, but I don't think Apple will keep the store down for 6 hours for that. It looks like the two were just coincidence.

There is light peak, you see it in the apple home screen on the picture of the macbook pro on the right. And that is what "breakthrough high speed l/O is"

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
^^ thanks, but that info was not on the site at the time of my original post.

Well, color me impressed. Doesn't have some of the other bigger features/changes rumored, but I didn't expect Thunderbolt to be a real deal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.