syncing with a new computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I just got my mbp back today :Dafter hard drive failure :pand my time machine backup was corrupted. I had half of my music on my old nano and was able to transfer it to the computer. I wanted to know if I sync the iphone with the computer is it going to add the apps and music and contacts that are on the iphone to the computer. It didn't pop up asking if i wanted to transfer anything and it makes me nervous about syncing it.thanks for the help. James

Reaction score
I just got my mbp back today :Dafter hard drive failure :pand my time machine backup was corrupted. I had half of my music on my old nano and was able to transfer it to the computer. I wanted to know if I sync the iphone with the computer is it going to add the apps and music and contacts that are on the iphone to the computer. It didn't pop up asking if i wanted to transfer anything and it makes me nervous about syncing it.thanks for the help. James

Hi , if you sync for first time with mbp , your music go to the trash ;)

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
you can try using expod to get the music off the phone but i dont know about contacts and stuff, cause i cant afford one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.