Mini Mac location

Reaction score
Hi,

We are renovating a relatively small apartment in Hong Kong and, never having owned a Mini Mac, we would like to incorporate it into our media centre.

Everything will be running from a hidden AV cabinet set up in the study - amplifier, bluray player etc, and we would like to have the Mini Mac in there too, for use on the LED TV set up in the lounge room.

We have been told by some Mac representatives here that line of sight is required for Mini Mac usage on our TV, especially with the wireless keyboard/mouse.
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get around this problem? We don't want to ruin the streamline look of our wall with only our TV on it, by having to make a shelf for just the Mini Mac...
The line of sight issues with the rest of the equipment has been solved by using a Logitech 900 remote (RF).
Thanks,
Mac McL

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
They are wrong. Bluetooth is not a line of site tecnology, it uses rf and is not going to be affected by the door of the cabinet (at least not much). Your bluetooth mouse / keyboard will work. Don't know about the Apple remote, have never thought/considered what tecnology it uses, but I think it is bluetooth also.

The first google hit for 'bluetooth line of site' - link.

If I forget my phone when leaving the house, I don't find out until I get about 6 houses away because the radio starts playing from my phone (via bluetooth) as soon as I start the car. Whether I have it, or it's still in the house.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.