Convert .cda to... anything usable!?

Reaction score
My cd drive on my macbook has quite working. I am in a Spanish class and need to put some CDs for class on my iPod. So, I copied the CDs onto a pc at the library and emailed it to myself. I then saved them on my mac and now I have to figure out how to get these .cda files to play on my mac or my iPod. Is there a program that will convert it or any way to convert it to mp3 or anything else that I can use? Please help! Thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Assuming you are permitted to make a copy......

What you have done is just copy .cda files over... these are effectively pointers to the tracks, not the tracks themselves.

What you need to do is use some 'ripping' software which will copy the tracks off the disc in AAC/WAV/MP3 format. Much the same way iTunes does when you use it to copy tracks into your library from CD.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Hopefully...

... the library has a program that will let me do that, and will let me download to their computer. Hope hope hope. And yes, not only does the program state on the box that it is "mp3 and ipod compatible" so we can take along to study, but I've also contacted the manufacturer to see if they had any suggestions on doing this, all they said is "get ripping software", which really doesn't help since I have it on my own computer, it just won't read the CD. Any other suggestions? Maybe on how to get my cd drive working again? It just stopped reading discs and spits them out after like 15 seconds, no reason, just quit. I'm so frustrated and can't get my homework done, I just need some kind of help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.