PDA

View Full Version : What does the M-F and the heart represent?

TrueTone911
02-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Fairly new here and still learning. I see it but not often and don't know what it represents?

Thank you,
Don

Raz0rEdge
02-20-2011, 02:49 PM
M-F = Mac-Forums..the name of the forums you are on..

And by heart I take it you mean the logo..that's just a play on the Apple logo..

Regards

TattooedMac
02-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Its in the Paid up members logo under your name. In other words you are saying You <3 Heart M-F

As a paid up member you get the different logo under your name

And on that thanks for supporting M-F

Cheers

toMACsh
02-20-2011, 06:22 PM
I see it but not often and don't know what it represents? Now that you mention it...

As a paid up member you get the different logo under your name

And what does membership get you? I suppose now someone is going to tell me to look at another page I've never noticed the link to...

bobtomay
02-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Now that you mention it...

And what does membership get you? I suppose now someone is going to tell me to look at another page I've never noticed the link to...

It's not pushed or advertised. It's not even a sticky. Here's the thread about it in the Community Announcements forum - link (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/news-community-announcements/136355-new-premium-memberships.html).

The offering of a Premium Membership came about during a time when a few of the members (myself included and before I was a mod) asked for an option of a paid membership when the inline advertising began a few years ago. It's there for those that feel like giving back monetarily. For myself, the primary benefit is still the ad free skin that is made available.

chscag
02-20-2011, 08:12 PM
This is just my personal opinion...

The paid up membership means I'm supporting Mac-Forums and perhaps ensuring they remain available for others to use. For what our forums offer in the way of help and advice, it's well worth the price of a paid up membership even if the ads were to remain.

TrueTone911
02-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Thank you all, I'm happy to support those things I benefit from.

Don

harryb2448
02-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Nice to see you supporting MF don.

the8thark
02-22-2011, 11:02 PM
This is just my personal opinion...

The paid up membership means I'm supporting Mac-Forums and perhaps ensuring they remain available for others to use. For what our forums offer in the way of help and advice, it's well worth the price of a paid up membership even if the ads were to remain.

I agree 100%
But the sad part is the benifits of becoming a paid member and having the M-F heart are linked. ie. Can't pay to have the benefits but keep the member tag. You can still pay though and keep the member tag but you get no member benefits.

My point is you can't anonymously donate to M-F. Without forgoing the benefits of donating.

iWhat
02-23-2011, 01:32 AM
I agree 100%
But the sad part is the benifits of becoming a paid member and having the M-F heart are linked. ie. Can't pay to have the benefits but keep the member tag. You can still pay though and keep the member tag but you get no member benefits.

My point is you can't anonymously donate to M-F. Without forgoing the benefits of donating.

I thought you looked pretty cute with the heart M-F badge; I don't see what the big deal is.

roflitskyle
02-23-2011, 02:30 AM
I thought you looked pretty cute with the heart M-F badge; I don't see what the big deal is.

He most definitely looked cute :D, I might donate in a couple of days. I have learned a lot on from this forum.

TattooedMac
02-23-2011, 02:45 AM
He most definitely looked cute :D

Looked better than the MoTH badge but he did work hard for that one lol

I might donate in a couple of days. I have learned a lot on from this forum.

Same same. I was once a M-F <3 but let it slip until i get full time work. Its not much to be paid up, but i can do with it more than the forum for now. Not long now though and ill be back into the Member Thread :)

Ill be baaack

Cheers

schweb
02-23-2011, 05:36 AM
I agree 100%

I'm pretty sure if you just wanted to anonymously donate, iNET would be more than happy to take a check.

But anonymity is not the point of the premium membership program.

the8thark
02-23-2011, 05:40 AM
But anonymity is not the point of the premium membership program.
It's more like batman or the like. Want to do good but not let the world know who is doing the good.

schweb
02-23-2011, 05:45 AM
It's more like batman or the like. Want to do good but not let the world know who is doing the good.

But you're making an assumption that the only way to donate would be to join the premium member program.

That's not the case. If you really feel strongly about donating, I'm sure other means can be arranged.

Not everything is so black and white ;)

RustProofCorn
02-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Well if I had only known sooner.