slow video streaming

Reaction score
a rookie here. got a new mbp 13.3 with snow leopard. video streaming of my mbp seems to be slow. do i need to tweak on something to get it faster or do i have to download a video streaming software? TIA, gurus.:D

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
what are you streaming from/to?

OP
G
Reaction score
hi rob. video streaming from the net, i.e. you tube and the likes. windows seems to be faster. i think i need to have a video buffering software. is it any good? any recommendations? thanks a lot. appreciate it. :)

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
hello, no you shouldn't need any software for youtube. are you receiving internet connection from wifi? how far are you away from your router, what is the speed of your connection?

these are usually the first things that will mean slow loading of video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPr 13" Mid-2014 i5 256gb SSD 8gb Ram, iPad Mini 2 32gb
hello, no you shouldn't need any software for youtube. are you receiving internet connection from wifi? how far are you away from your router, what is the speed of your connection?

Also, how old is your router? In the past, I have had trouble connecting new devices to old routers. They don't want to work as well as they should.

<---Welcome to the forum! Please include your MBP specs in you profile so we may better assist in the future.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.