iTunes Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
I tried burning my first MP3 CD using iTunes and noticed that when I play it not all the data fields display artist, song info.

I have a CD I burned over 4 years ago using whatever software Dell installed and it displays everything
64a86fac.jpg

How do I get iTunes to do this?

Thanks

Tom

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
when you burn, you need to make sure "Add CD Text" is turned on.

OP
TomServo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
when you burn, you need to make sure "Add CD Text" is turned on.

I found that feature but it's in the CD area, if I click on MP3 it grey's out. Guess I just learned something, if you burn an MP3 you'll limited to how much Meta Data is available but can pack a ton of songs on a disc, if you want all the Meta Data (Title, Artist, Album) you need to burn as a CD with the Text feature turned on. BTW I started with 25 songs and kept deleting until the CD would burn, I wound up with 20 songs.

Hopefully this will help someone like me.

Tom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.