PDA

View Full Version : New Era!

WigWag Workshop
02-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Good Day Folks!

I have been working with computers since 1983, started out on a TI 99/4a, used various Apple's in school, and for the last 15+ years been on Windows. Well, today I just ordered a shiny new 27" i3 iMac. It all started when my co-worker gave me an iPod touch 2nd Gen 1 year or so ago. I also purchased the iPhone since it became available on Verizon. Just wanted to say hello to everyone here. Some of my other hobbies are, Scroll Saw Woodworking, Model Railroading, Building Model Kits, Making Diorama's, And Going Track-Side To Watch & Photograph Trains, I Also Have A General Class Amateur Radio License.

Steven

osxx
02-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Welcome and I am sure you will find the iMac an incredible machine and my friends that are heavy into photography use Aperture you might find that app very helpful for the money.

Slydude
02-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Welcome aboard. The world hasn't been quite right since trains stopped being a primary mode of transportation.

BTW with all that going on when do you sleep?

WigWag Workshop
02-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Welcome aboard. The world hasn't been quite right since trains stopped being a primary mode of transportation.

BTW with all that going on when do you sleep?

I agree, in the USA trains are not looked at has a mode of transportation for humans, but freight seems to be on the rise.

I split time with my hobbies, like to keep my mind working :D - plus most of my hobbies are shared with my boys, it gives us time to communicate, and discuss stuff going on.

Steven

WigWag Workshop
02-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Unreal! Why oh why did I wait so long to make the switch? Got the iMac today, and I could not be happier!

Slydude
02-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Congrats on the new gear. Now you have something else to occupy the vast amount of free time that you have. lol. Be warned though you might have a bit of trouble prying it away from the boys.