• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Public raise $50,000 for giant robocop statue in Detroit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Not too sure what to say about this lol :Confused:

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Guess Michigan residents are doing better than we were lead to believe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
That's pathetic.

That's all I have to say.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Guess Michigan residents are doing better than we were lead to believe.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean I would rather see 50k doing something for the community.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
^ Just as long as they don't do for the community like up here.

One year, build a new road. Next year, decide the road isn't straight enough and straighten it. Year after that, build road islands for signs which get ripped out the next winter because the snowplow can't clean the road with them in the way.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
^ Just as long as they don't do for the community like up here.

One year, build a new road. Next year, decide the road isn't straight enough and straighten it. Year after that, build road islands for signs which get ripped out the next winter because the snowplow can't clean the road with them in the way.

That's just wasteful. >_<"

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
They need to spend that $50K and make a real RoboCop!

Last time, I went to Detroit; there weren't many spots you could walk down the street with a good conscience. Not all parts of Detroit are that bad, but some abandon buildings just don't make you feel right.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They need to spend that $50K and make a real RoboCop!

Last time, I went to Detroit; there weren't many spots you could walk down the street with a good conscience. Not all parts of Detroit are that bad, but some abandon buildings just don't make you feel right.

I'm pretty sure it would cost more than 50k to make a real Robocop, and there would be moral and ethical implications to that as well. >_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac Retina - 3.2 i5 - 8GB - 256GB SSD - R9 M380 GPU
Yeah, I really wish they would use the money for something different.

My Mom was born and raised in Hamtramck (Suburb surrounded by Detroit) until she was 15, so I've been there to take her visiting, and it is nothing short of a craphole.

There are only about 2 parts of Detroit that are remotely nice, the rest is well... you know... terrible. Both the houses my Mom grew up in have been burned down by drug dealers that have taken over the area. There is literally nothing left there. It's really sad to see the Motor City the way it is. Even Cleveland looks "upscale" compared to Detroit, but then again, Cleveland isn't as bad as people portray it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.