Strange iPhone 4 water damage....HELP?

Reaction score
So last week my iphone found itself in the washing machine for a full cycle.

I immediately stripped it down and let everything dry for 3 days.

Put it back together today, everything worked perfectly. Apart from some spots on the screen. I figured they would dry out over time.

Then after a few hours, i unlocked it and the screen went black. (theres is a backlight but no image, i dont think the touchscreen is working either)

Any ideas what this could be? I thought i had got extremely lucky until this. guess not..

Thanks

312kdiu.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It's water damage, nothing strange about it. Electronics and water don't mix well. You're lucky it's functioning as well as it was, there's not a lot you're going to be able to do about it unfortunately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
The iPhones also have a water-damage indicator inside so you won't be able to send it back either. You could try and get it fixed but looks like it could either A: be expensive to fix or B: Dead :(

- Simon

OP
S
Reaction score
im aware of the water indicators. the dock and motherboard ones are red. i just find it a little odd that it worked perfectly.

im wondering if it could be something i did when i was re assembling it. as i stripped it down to the bone...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Could be, but it could have been a crossover effect from the water that has just taken a little while to damage the phone :(

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You can try it, but to be honest, you're probably better off just getting a new phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.