Freaking out Please help!

Reaction score
Ok so I signed up for this class that is a Website design etc using HTML/XHTML. For my first assignment I had to go into RUN on Windows and find the IP address of a specific website. I had a PC so I could do that, but what I want to know is if I installed parallels and and windows of whatever version could I do it this way on my MAC? Simply meaning if I had windows on my mac could I still go to START > TO RUN > then get into the CMD window?

My next question is well ill show you part of my assignment and tell me if it will be possible to complete using MAC. Understand I am not trying to CHEAT! I just want to make sure that I can complete my class without issues. Im not allowed to using frontpage or any website building software what so ever. I have to do out the work myself. Heres an example of an assignment. I realize this is a 2 part post and which may have to go into a different forum. Once again thanks for the help.

Setup:

Download the ZIP file below which contains the following files:
euler.html
euler.jpg
Create a directory on your hard drive called exercise1 and place the above files into this folder.
Within the exercise1 folder, create an images folder and move the image files into this new sub-folder. Thus, you should have the following directory structure:
exercise1 (root directory)
---images
------euler.jpg
---euler.html
Review Figure 1-43 at the bottom of page 52. The figure shows a general idea of what your web page should look like after you have completed the To Do list.
To Do:
Under the exercise1 directory, create an index.html file containing your name and a relative hyperlink to the euler.html file.
Modify the euler.html file as follows:
Add opening and closing <html> tags in the appropriate locations. Insert a head section and enclose the text on Euler within a body element.
Within the head section, insert a comment containing:
History of Math 895: Leonhard Euler
Author: your name
Date: the date
where your name is your name and the date is the current date.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I don't have a clue about your assignment, but I can answer your first question. Your Mac (intel version) is a PC. Whe running windows on it, it is indistinguishable from any other PC (other than build quality).

Bottom-line: use Bootcamp, install Windows and you are good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yes all of that can be done on your Mac. Instead of directories, you'll just create folders in Finder.

OP
W
Reaction score
I don't have a clue about your assignment, but I can answer your first question. Your Mac (intel version) is a PC. Whe running windows on it, it is indistinguishable from any other PC (other than build quality).

Bottom-line: use Bootcamp, install Windows and you are good to go.

Hey thanks I appreciate it. Sorry if it was a dumb question

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.