Belkin Drivers

Reaction score
A while back totallybonkers posted that he had mac drivers for the Belkin F5D-8053 wireless N dongle. I've been trying to reach him, but maybe it's been too long for me to hope to get a hold of him. Is there anyone that can help me get a 10.5 driver for this dongle? Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I take it you've already tried hitting up Belkin's own support?

Most likely it's just a re-branded generic adapter and you just need to find a driver for a different model that uses the same chipset. That's going to be tough though. As cheap as they are anymore, might not be a bad idea just to get a different model that comes with a Mac-specific driver. Example:

Edimax Wireless nLITE 802.11n/g/b Mini-size... (EW-7711Umn) at OWC

For $15, you'll save yourself a ton of trouble.

Reaction score
A while back totallybonkers posted that he had mac drivers for the Belkin F5D-8053 wireless N dongle. ... Is there anyone that can help me get a 10.5 driver for this dongle? Thanks.

I'm not making any promises, but try the drivers on this site and see if they work:
Ralink corp.

Randy B. Singer
Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
OS X Maintenance And Troubleshooting

OP
K
Reaction score
I take it you've already tried hitting up Belkin's own support?

Most likely it's just a re-branded generic adapter and you just need to find a driver for a different model that uses the same chipset. That's going to be tough though. As cheap as they are anymore, might not be a bad idea just to get a different model that comes with a Mac-specific driver. Example:

Edimax Wireless nLITE 802.11n/g/b Mini-size... (EW-7711Umn) at OWC

For $15, you'll save yourself a ton of trouble.

Thanks!

I actually went out today to see if I could find one retail but couldn't. I'm currently using the Belkin on a PC, so if I did find some way to make it work for my Mac I'd need to buy a replacement for my PC anyway. Since I spend money either way I just went ahead and bought the Edimax. Like you said, saves a lot of trouble.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.