Advertising = tacky?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Hey guys, Just outa curiosity and info for my own webpage (outdated link removed), does advertising on websites make that page look tacky?

I for instance advertise for google, and this site advertises for welovemacs.com
this site is directly related site as a macintosh site.
mine is random what ever google chooses.

and so I wonder.. what do you guys think? I know the more clicks on my site I get the better it is for my sites revenue.. but what about from the non-site owners perspective? Do ads sacrifice quality? (even though it helps to keep the site active?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
your site they are perfectly fine. i open the page and dont see the links until i scroll down.
ads only bother me when they have tons of flashing lights and stuff and tons of animations.
the less detail the better they are

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Google doesn't target your "audience" ? They shold be sending you Mac related ads, or at least ads you can choose the genre of.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah that is really strange since Google is sending me related ads on my two pages currently..

http://baskettcase.com/classes/breadcrumb/

and

http://baskettcase.com/church/spiritualgifts/

Some of those links that Google is sending me are really nice.. as in people that are interested in what's on the page would probably be interested in those links.. which then helps me with click throughs.. which brings us to the keyword "relevant" :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
yeah.. you know.. since i updated the title of the pages ive been getting more relevant ads.. which has surprisingly not improved my click throughs...

but year murlyn your right :) those are some interesting ads you have... couldn't help but check them out.

S

SlicerDicer

You know I personally hate ads. Hate them with a passion so they are not on my site at all and never will be. there are 2 links but only to software i love and to the place that is home gathering place for my game guild. As for that there is no ads. I think all ads look tacky and unprofessional IMO, If your going to run a website then you should be able to without marketing others products.

That is just my 2cents worth

WWW link below here has my site if you wish to check out what mine looks like :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.