Airport, Remote Office, thernet Printer Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 10.5.6, +others
I need a little help configuring my home office Linksys Router and Airport base station. Both are a little old but I don't think I'm asking too much to get this to work.

I have a home wifi using all apple Airport base stations and it works good. Occasionally they drop off the network and need to be restarted (which is annoying) but working ok. I have a home office with a base station in it and also have a ethernet printer/scanner I'd like to make available on the network as wel as computer in office. Some functions of printer need to be ethernet connection to computer so the Linksys is needed.

Web -- AirportBase~))) (((~ AirportBase -- Linksys -- Printer and Computer

So, I need help setting IP/subnet/etc. setting for the small office network and then tie in the airport base to get on internet. And, then hopefully other computers on wifi will see printer for use.

Airport network is set 192.168.11 - 100 (.2 being the router). Subnet 255.255.255.0
The Linksys only lets me set it's DHCP server settings to 192.168.2.__ and gives me several options for subnet.

What should i set for Linksys router? Same subnet as Airport? What other settings should I look to set on router or base stations? Thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 10.5.6, +others
Can't anyone help? Does my question make sense?

Can I extend my wireless network to include the Linksys ethernet router? Or what IP/subnet/other settings can I use to create a workable mini network in the office that lets me get online via the airport wifi?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 10.5.6, +others
disappointed no one here could help me on this

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.