No Sound/Signal from Edirol-UA25 to Macbook

Reaction score
Hello

I've been trying to get sound from my Edirol to Garage with no luck.

I have done the following things already.

1. Downloaded latest drivers for Mac OS X Leaopard
2. Rebooted to find the device shows up in Garageband and Utilities(Sound)
3. Adjusted Audio/Midi Settings in Garageband and Sound Utitlities(I want Edirol as in the input and built in speakers as output)
4. I have the lights on the Edirol, so the computer can see the device.
5. I have the microphone on and I can see that the sound is making it to the Edirol from the external mic by the Peak/limiter light going on...however, the sound is somehow not getting from Edirol to the Mac as the sound monitor on the Audio/Midi setup in Utilities does not indicate any sound as per built in Mic.
6. I have replaced the USB cable and rebooted...same issue. Everything looks fine but no sound.
7. I have gone into MIDI setup and chosen Edirol device. BTW what is an aggregate device?

PLease, any help would be greatly appreciated...

-Michael

OP
L
Reaction score
Um, the sound device?

Well the Edirol UA25 or the MAC. I'm using a basic micorphone plugged into the interface...its a dynamic 600 Ohm unidirectional Mic. Not sure what else you mean...

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
as in, when you go into system preferences on the mac, click on the sound tab. what does it say for output and input?

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

After clicking the Sound option in System Preferences their are three options. Sound effects, Input, and Output.

The EA-25 shows up all three options.

I selected the EA 25 for the Input.

I left the Output as 'built in speakers' because I don't have it set to external speakers connected to the EA-25, which also shows up as an option in Output.

Same goes for SOund Effects, I left it 'built in speakers'.

Clearly the computer is recognizing the EA-25 device. Seems as though either the computer isn't receiving the sound from the EA-25 or the EA-25 isn't sending sound to the computer.

As I mentioned previously, the EA-25 seems to be getting sound from the Microphone I have connected to it (as indicted by the sound-limiter light coming on when I yell into the mic: "Why won't you $*&#ing work!?" :)

Any other ideas?

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
can you hear yourself out of the headphone jack?

anyway i have a few sites for you to read

UA-25 Owner's Manual :: UA-25 :: Owner's Manual :: Roland

also, i know this is a logic forum, but garageband is pretty much logics little brother so hopefully it will help.

Logic Pro Help :: View topic - No output from my Edirol UA-25 with Logic Pro 9!

this is what fixed it for him

OK I've found it! Apparently I have a 'REC/PLAY select switch' on my interface.. And I also have an 'Advance mode select' switch. When that 'Advance mode select switch' is turned on, I can only record or play dependent on the status of the 'REC/PLAY select switch'. But if the advance mode switch is turned off, I can play and record at the same time.

The problem was that de 'REC/PLAY switch' was on REC modus and the 'Advance mode select switch' was on. Weird situation. You might think that the Advance modus would be capable to use REC and PLAY simultaneously and not the other way around.

hope this will help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.