• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Motorola Xoom advert found

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Motorola Xoom advert found
Verizon locking WiFi on Motorola Xoom until you buy one month of data service? -- Engadget

"To activate WiFi functionality on this device, a minimum of one month data subscription is required."
Also it's sticker price is $799
Available in Verizon Feb 24
And uses Android 3.0 Honeycomb

Tech specs:
10.1 inch widescreen display
1 GB ram
Flash support
Desktop like tabbed browser
2MP front camera
5MP rear camera
720p video capture
1080p playback
3g upgradable to 4g LTE.

motorolaxoombestbuy.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I like how Verizon is nickel and diming people for the most money. WiFi should be FREE! That is absolutely ridiculous! As for the price, is that the starting price? That's expensive! I'd rather buy a mba refurb for 50 bucks more, or wait to see the new ipad or toshiba tablet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Yay! Adobe Flash support! Just what I always wanted!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
The XDA Developers Forum folks will have the WiFi worked around within a week. Looks like quite a few spelling mistakes in the ad. Wonder if it's fake?

"Do it all lighting fast..."

"To activative WiFi functionality..."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Some commenters on other sites have pointed out that the Wi-Fi could be referring to the hotspot functionality, which makes more sense since you do need a wireless plan for that.

Additionally, it was pointed out that with so many typos and odd sentence structure, this advert is most likely a fake, and thus any claims should be taken with a grain of salt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Typos on BestBuy ads aren't anything new. I remember one case that will forever stick in my mind, when they misspelled Windows 7 as, "Wendows 7!" Makes you question where these ads were printed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
Regardless.....when people come right down to their "nickles and dimes", the iPad is going to be a better buy every time IMO because of it's price. It already starts at $499 and with the iPad 2 coming out, if they keep iPad 1 in production, it will be even cheaper. Again, even if they don't, the iPad still starts at $300 cheaper than the Xoom!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.