Can't connect to wifi with PalmPre

Reaction score
Hi,

First of all, I am not a currently a Mac user, so please forgive me for being ignorant.

I would like to connect to a personal home wireless network with my PalmPre and laptop. The network is WPA. The network has a MAC computer and all of the owner's other wireless devices are apple products. The owner has no problem entering his password and everything works fine. I think that I am having a problem because my devices are not Apple products. (I'm staying at a friend's house and trying to connect to the network with my devices. The friend has only Apple products. He can't figure out why his password works for apple products and not the non-apple products.)

Yes, I am entering the correct password. I have entered the password onto Apple devices and connected to the wifi network. However, the same password for my non-apple devices will not even enter. (The password isn't even long enough for WPA on my PalmPre.)

Umm, so how do I connect my PalmPre to the network?

Is there some conversion that I do? (Like, if the network password is DOG, should I convert that to ascii or something?)

Do I need to have my PalmPre added to an "allow" list or something on the Mac home computer? (I have no idea what "airport" is, but maybe I need to add the Palm to a list in this program. If so, how do I do this?)

Can I find a different password that would work for my PalmPre... and how? (Like, maybe my friend entered a password but there is another longer (hex or something) password that I can look up on the computer that is connected to the network.)

Thank you for taking your time to read this and for any help that you can offer.
One confused girl.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.