• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

AT&T customers should check their bills for inaccurate charges

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
It looks like AT&T is being accused of over billing their customers for their data usage.

AT&T Sued Over Alleged Overbilling for iOS Device Data Usage
The filing describes how a consulting firm hired by the plaintiff's attorneys conducted a two-month study that found AT&T overstating data usage by 7-14%, with some transactions coming in at as much 300% above the actual amount of data transferred.

If you are an AT&T customer make sure to keep a watch on your bill and also make sure that no app is running in the background wastefully using up your monthly data.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Hmmm. A large corporation is sued by a disgruntaled customer. Wow.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
You should ignore the suing part of the article because I don't think that's the bigger issue here. If it's true that AT&T is incorrectly billing their customers then it affects more people that just one disgruntled customer. Unless you actually like paying for something you don't actually use...

Reaction score
It's not outside of the realm of possiblity. My old internet provider (Wild Blue) and the one I had before that, (Allegiance Communications) both regularly padded bandwidth stats. Allegiance was even ran out of town, and were finally allowed back in after removing all bandwidth limits/charges from their service plans. Not saying ATT does that, but it's certainly possible, people should always keep track of their own usage on things like that, so you don't get bitten in the butt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP 16gb ram, 2.3 i7, 500 gb hd, 750 gb hd
This really shouldn't be news. I check my bill with them every month because I get charged long distance of all things. One month over $200 of long distance, but usually at least $5 to $10 worth. My plan was supposed to include long distance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
Well, I would check but my parents get the bills. I will certainly tell them too though! :)
nicecrew

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.