the8thark
01-29-2011, 06:08 PM
This is where you look at MS and laugh
Or is that cry? I just don't know.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/9329/110128windowscrashmsfts.jpg

MYmacROX
01-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Priceless!

"Did you try turning it off and back on again?" ;)

Buzzard2010
01-29-2011, 06:34 PM
There is a "Mall" I suppose you would call it in the UK called the Metro Center in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. I remember going in there once and they used Windows XP as a base OS for the interactive maps off the whole place. The whole lot went down with the "Blue Screen of Death"... Priceless!

- Simon

osxx
01-29-2011, 06:38 PM
It would have been hilarious if a child would have been starring up at it and the caption
said I am a PC and I made that.

Buzzard2010
01-29-2011, 06:41 PM
It would have been hilarious if a child would have been starring up at it and the caption
said I am a PC and I made that.

It could have scared a child even more if it had said "You have performed an illegal action" lolol

- Simon

iWhat
01-29-2011, 06:56 PM
It's been a long time, since I've used Windows... However, it doesn't look like Windows crashed in the photo.

ThePope43
01-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Not crashed per say, but whatever the program running, something occured that haulted the application until you did whatever the \!/ wants lol

CrimsonRequiem
01-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Hum where is that post with the BSOD at a nuclear power plant?

harryb2448
01-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Nearly as funny as Steve's disaster at Macworld last year with his iPhone!

Village Idiot
01-29-2011, 09:53 PM
It could totally be the program's fault. But, hey, let's go and bash Windows because it's cool to do.

Kevriano
01-30-2011, 02:55 AM
Classic.

Having helped my mum (76) with her Windows 7 netbook yesterday, I'm not surprised that this happened. Windows is hella dumb.

the8thark
01-30-2011, 03:37 AM
It could totally be the program's fault. But, hey, let's go and bash Windows because it's cool to do.
That is correct. But they had a whole store of Windows experts just 2 metres away from the screen. You can see the MS store in the pic. And the MS people in the store don't look in a rush to get the issue sorted out.

wavinwayne
01-30-2011, 08:31 AM
That is correct. But they had a whole store of Windows experts just 2 metres away from the screen. You can see the MS store in the pic. And the MS people in the store don't look in a rush to get the issue sorted out.

I'd imagine the monitors and whatever version of Windows "crashed", both belong to the Mall, not the MS store. It's not the MS store employees responsibility to correct a problem that belongs to the Mall.

the8thark
01-30-2011, 09:26 AM
I agree but having a product you are selling crashing right outside your store really can't be good for business.

ThePope43
01-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Nobody is really saying they have to correct it, nor are they really saying that it's their fault/problem. It's just a funny fail image :)

osxx
01-30-2011, 11:26 AM
I agree but having a product you are selling crashing right outside your store really can't be good for business.

I agree completely if I were the manager of the store I would definitely offer
assistance to rectify the problem or request the monitor in front of the store be
turned off till it is fixed. Thats just bad for business no matter how you look at
it funny though.

Village Idiot
01-30-2011, 03:55 PM

So they're selling the program that the mall is using for their displays? Can you tell me what that program is?

It would be like blaming Apple because versions of Logic previous to studio were highly unstable and sucked. Oh, wait. Logic is an Apple program.

schweb
01-30-2011, 04:35 PM

You mean like all the times the Apple stuff doesn't work right at product announcements or keynote presentations? :P

Or the times I've been in the Apple store when one of the machines isn't working right?

It really happens to everyone.

littlened
01-30-2011, 04:41 PM
There is a "Mall" I suppose you would call it in the UK called the Metro Center in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. I remember going in there once and they used Windows XP as a base OS for the interactive maps off the whole place. The whole lot went down with the "Blue Screen of Death"... Priceless!

- Simon

Regularly I go to the metro centre and the screens have windows errors on them :Oops:

Buzzard2010
01-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Regularly I go to the metro centre and the screens have windows errors on them :Oops:

Good to hear it's still happening hehe! Been a while since I have been as I am now living in Bakewell, Derbyshire, so a bit of a trek :D

- Simon

SweetCosmicPope
02-01-2011, 12:33 PM
I wish I'd have gotten a pic of this. At our local wal-greens a few weeks ago, the color lcd sign in front of the shop that has pictures of products and sales had a pop-up that said "Windows has experienced an error..."

rabbitjetta
02-05-2011, 10:58 PM
When my xp or 7 would crash all that you would get would be the blue screen of deather or there would be a ton of repeating windows.

ZachUSAman
02-09-2011, 04:06 AM
looks like windows xp or older by the styling of the menu... old version of windows run by a mall "super cereal IT department there" the 2 options though make it seem like its not a typical "something crashed, sorry" and then you click OK because of the 2 options.

zewazir
02-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Biggest laugh I got out of Windows was a few years ago when the local Albertson's switch to Microsoft Point of Sale software for their check stands. When you'd walk by a check stand that was not manned, the check stand display would proudly announce:

"Windows: POS"

Well, at least they were being truthful...