PDA

View Full Version : Skype

osxx
01-27-2011, 11:22 PM
I just downloaded the newest version of Skype and you can now do video
chats with the new vt model panasonic plasmas with the camera option.

Feniks80
01-29-2011, 11:02 PM
I like the setup now, it was in a dying need of a update.

6string
01-29-2011, 11:31 PM
I hate the new one, so much so, that I am now downloading the older version again.

ThePope43
01-29-2011, 11:52 PM
I love the new one, I'm so glad they finally did an overhaul on it!

Doug b
01-30-2011, 02:17 AM
I hate the new one, so much so, that I am now downloading the older version again.

I haven't bothered upgrading since I don't use it much, but am curious to know why you feel this way?

Doug

6string
01-30-2011, 02:45 AM
The window is really big and obtrusive even when scaled down to the smallest size possible.
It has a sidebar similar to the finder window, with information that you can't hide, and you can't hide the sidebar.
You can't sort contacts like you can in the old one.
I'm sure I could go on, but I think that's enough.

dierk
01-30-2011, 05:28 AM
hello everybody i am new to this forum so please excuse any forum protocol I might be breaking
the point is I have used both mac's and skype for years and am currently using safari 4.1.3 on an I mac and have had skype working well for a long time last night I decided to check for update on skype and downloded the latest version all I get now is that skype does not work with this version of safari is it posible to get an older version of skype anywhere. Ijust can't seem to find one :Oops:

ThePope43
01-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Can you not just download a newer version of Safari? 5.0.3 I believe

But if you must, you can most likely find it here: http://www.oldversion.com/

+rep if I could help!

Chris H.
01-30-2011, 01:10 PM
hello everybody i am new to this forum so please excuse any forum protocol I might be breaking
the point is I have used both mac's and skype for years and am currently using safari 4.1.3 on an I mac and have had skype working well for a long time last night I decided to check for update on skype and downloded the latest version all I get now is that skype does not work with this version of safari is it posible to get an older version of skype anywhere. Ijust can't seem to find one :Oops:

What iMac is it? What version of Mac OS X is it currently running?

If it's a Tiger machine, 4.x.x is best bet for Safari.

If it's a Leopard or Snow Leopard machine, the latest 5.x.x version should work.