Help with older BT keyboard

Reaction score
I have the older version of the small BT keyboard (3 batteries, not 2) and it will not turn on. I had this problem several months ago and found the tin foil trick. That worked like a charm! Now my batteries died again and this time I cannot get it to turn on.

I have tried several sets of batteries. Several pea-sized rolls of tinfoil and nothing is working. Any tips or tricks to resuscitate it? I do not think it is REALLY broken, because it was working just fine up until the batteries died. This is really aggravating!

It's older, but would an Apple Store be willing to exchange it if since this appears to be a known defect?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It is old and not covered by warranty.

OP
C
Reaction score
It is old and not covered by warranty.

I figured that would be the case ... but it is frustrating that this is a very commonly discussed defect. If I ever get it working again I will get the longest lasting batteries I can find and just pray it will work again when those die.

Of course, that is IF I can get it working again! ;-)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.