PDA

View Full Version : Using Macbook Pro on the main's?

dan120988
01-24-2011, 07:14 PM
I have just bought a macbook pro and was wondering if it is safe to use the macbook while its plugged into the mains when it is fully charged or should i only use the main's while it is charging and then remove it when fully charged ?

MacBozo
01-24-2011, 07:17 PM
I have just bought a macbook pro and was wondering if it is safe to use the macbook while its plugged into the mains when it is fully charged or should i only use the main's while it is charging and then remove it when fully charged ?

Shouldn't be a problem. It won't overcharge or damage the battery (it also won't drain the battery while you are plugged in).

pigoo3
01-24-2011, 07:18 PM

Have you tried searching Mac-Forums for this answer? I think that we get this question about 3-5 times/week!;)

- Nick

dan120988
01-24-2011, 07:20 PM
thanks for you replies helped alot :D i will pass on the info to my friends :D

MacBozo
01-24-2011, 07:25 PM
As a caveat: Use a good surge suppressor or UPS, too.

pigoo3
01-24-2011, 07:26 PM

Just so you know...here's what Apple says:

Apple - Batteries (http://www.apple.com/batteries/)

- Nick

dan120988
01-24-2011, 07:42 PM
thanks again, im glad i can use my macbook now on the mains without worrying about the battery being drained , and cant believe how long the batteries last before they go to 80% charge