PDA

View Full Version : Boot camp help

deadman22
01-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Hey if i use a windows 7 or vista disk that came with a laptop would it work fine?

also i bought a mini dvi to vga cable or whatever the name is of the cable i'm not sure? would that work once i am using windows on my mac?

chscag
01-22-2011, 11:14 PM
OEM branded copies of Windows will not work. You must have a full install version, boxed MS copy or OEM System Builder's copy. However, a MS upgrade version of Windows 7 will work. Do a search to learn how to install it.

deadman22
01-23-2011, 12:15 AM
OEM branded copies of Windows will not work. You must have a full install version, boxed MS copy or OEM System Builder's copy. However, a MS upgrade version of Windows 7 will work. Do a search to learn how to install it.

Thank you

if i cant use my copies from previous pcs what will be the cheapest legal way to do it?

SammySlim
01-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Buying it online from a reputable software dealer, like newegg.com. On ebay and similar sites, you are really taking your chances. The OEM system builder versions of Windows are cheaper than full retail versions, for example, although the license allows you to install it only on one machine.

Cheers