PDA

View Full Version : Next Android OS to be called Ice Cream Sandiwch

Buzzard2010
01-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Android screams for Ice Cream Sandwich: We can do better than that | Crave | CNET UK (http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/android-screams-for-ice-cream-sandwich-we-can-do-better-than-that-50002204/)

- Simon

the8thark
01-15-2011, 09:39 AM
I would laugh if this was not a real rumour. But I've read it at many sites now. This is so sad. It seems Android is using the sweet foods as a theme for their OS names, just like Apple did with the big cats. Honeycomb makes sense. Its a good name. But icecream sandwich? Wtf? I dunno what else to say about this. But :(.

Buzzard2010
01-15-2011, 09:43 AM
I would laugh if this was not a real rumour. But I've read it at many sites now. This is so sad. It seems Android is using the sweet foods as a theme for their OS names, just like Apple did with the big cats. Honeycomb makes sense. Its a good name. But icecream sandwich? Wtf? I dunno what else to say about this. But :(.

You're bang on the money there hahaha

- Simon

alexsd123
01-15-2011, 06:20 PM
They'll probably abbreviate it some way - like they did with Frozen Yogurt (Froyo).

ZachUSAman
01-15-2011, 07:19 PM
best.names.EVER!

Buzzard2010
01-15-2011, 07:25 PM
I've just taken half an hour to try and get a good abbreviation from it, can't do it lol

- Simon

iWhat
01-15-2011, 08:27 PM
I really like the tasty treat theme they are using to name their Android versions. Plus, it's a very user-friendly way of identifying the version of the phone being that the Android market is so diverse.

the8thark
01-16-2011, 12:05 AM
They'll probably abbreviate it some way - like they did with Frozen Yogurt (Froyo).
Lol I just laugh my self to tears when ever I read this one too.
And maybe you could abbreviate Icecream Sandwich to Icsand. Pronounced as "isand". Or maybe said like "ick-sand". :)

XJ-linux
01-16-2011, 12:22 AM
If you want to see some funny release names, take a look at some of the Linux distributions out there. I think the Linux crowd takes some liberty at having fun with naming their stuff and tries not to take themselves too seriously on some things. I like it.

CrimsonRequiem
01-16-2011, 01:51 AM
I could totally go for an ice creme sandwich.

cwa107
01-16-2011, 02:33 AM
If you want to see some funny release names, take a look at some of the Linux distributions out there. I think the Linux crowd takes some liberty at having fun with naming their stuff and tries not to take themselves too seriously on some things. I like it.

I particularly like Ubuntu's "code names", like Hardy Heron and Gutsy Gibbon, amongst many others. This seems like a time-honored tradition for UNIX-based systems. I know at work, our VMS boxes used to carry model names of cars and motorcyles.

Leukeh
01-16-2011, 06:13 AM
Froyo was a fairly common term for frozen yoghurt well before Android used it.

I've always thought the dessert names for OSs is kinda cool... in a cute sort of way. But Ice Cream Sandwich makes me embarrassed to be an Android user =P It's like... if Apple had 10.x - Big Kitty

Buzzard2010
01-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Froyo was a fairly common term for frozen yoghurt well before Android used it.

I've always thought the dessert names for OSs is kinda cool... in a cute sort of way. But Ice Cream Sandwich makes me embarrassed to be an Android user =P It's like... if Apple had 10.x - Big Kitty

Maybe someone could suggest it to Steve Jobs? That would be hilarious.

- Simon

SuperHeru
01-16-2011, 11:05 PM
it was originally supposed to be Ice Cream, but they thought the statue would look to similar to the Froyo statue on the Google Campus. Kind of a silly name but so is Donut, Eclair, and Froyo.

Village Idiot
01-17-2011, 03:00 PM
They should create names that fit common, yet funny, acronyms. Omnipotent Masochistic Goats = OMG, Wild Treefrogs Farting = WTF, Freakish Tempting Wenches = FTW

Chris H.
01-17-2011, 03:21 PM
They should create names that fit common, yet funny, acronyms. Omnipotent Masochistic Goats = OMG, Wild Treefrogs Farting = WTF, Freakish Tempting Wenches = FTW

Laughing Overcritical Lions

Buzzard2010
01-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Overpaid Managerial Gibbons - OMG

- Simon

Silverado
01-22-2011, 11:05 AM
They should have called it "Eskimo Pie"... though to be PC perhaps it should be "Inuit Pastry" or something.