Will you be getting the Verizon iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Let us know what you think! And remember people, these are only phone companies, so let's keep it civil m'kay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Can this be moved to the iphone forum please as it is not a rumour or a report or news. Just a question you want to ask.

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gosh you're quick! Yeah, I realized that while I was entering the poll options…
Now vote! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I've had a few issues with AT&T and would like To try iron verizon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
I am with Sprint, and since they do not have an iPhone, it is not an option for me. I am happy with my service from Sprint, and at one point thought that if they did get an iPhone, I would jump on it. I recently got an HTC EVO, and now if Sprint were to ever get an iPhone, I doubt that I would get one. I do like the iPhone, but the EVO does everything I could want and more.

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think it was mentioned that the Verizon agreement with apple is a "multi-year, non-exclusive" deal, so the CDMA iPhone might come to sprint at some point...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I'm a fan of simultaneous voice and data, so I think I'll stick with AT&T. That, and AT&T's 3G speeds can be upgraded and the iPhone 4 can still take advantage of those upgraded speeds. I believe that Verizon is currently at their maximum 3G speed and you would need to get a new phone that is LTE compatible to take advantage of their faster speeds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 Macbook Pro 13"
I plan to keep my plain-jane non-smart phone. I already use the internet too much.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I just got the iPhone 4 over the holidays and had an iPhone 3G for nearly 2 years prior to that, haven't had any issues with AT&T that would make me want to break my contract and switch.

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I just got the iPhone 4 over the holidays and had an iPhone 3G for nearly 2 years prior to that, haven't had any issues with AT&T that would make me want to break my contract and switch.

Regards

Just out of curiosity, what if your AT&T contract were at an end now and you could switch with no cost from AT&T?

I'm pretty happy with AT&T and I wouldn't move even if my contract were at an end. Things simply got even better with the iPhone 4 on AT&T and their customer service (unlike my past experience with VZW) has been outstanding both in-store and call-in.

Let us know what you think! And remember people, these are only phone companies, so let's keep it civil m'kay?

You should modify this poll so we can see who voted for what option. That'd be much more interesting.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Just out of curiosity, what if your AT&T contract were at an end now and you could switch with no cost from AT&T?

My wife has a blackberry on Verizon and their 3G service in our area is a little suspect, though I'd have WiFi in the house so that's no problem..however AT&T is good around my area..

I haven't experienced any of the call drops or other issues people complain about, so even if I were at the end of the contract, unless Verizon was going to end up being significantly cheaper than AT&T, I'd stick with AT&T..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I voted: No, I'm happy with my AT&T iPhone.

So far (only had my iPhone a few months), the only places I've noticed drop of phone service is 2 stories below ground in a parking garage, and data occasionally dropped to Edge on the 2nd story of a 4-story office building. As soon as I move near a window or step outside, 3G comes back. That is pretty typical of most carriers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm going to wait for an LTE iPhone, though I feel like chances of the next one to come out this year having LTE is about 50/50. AT&T does give me some problems at specific locations/times, but I think I would miss voice/data at the same time and I'm not crazy about the slower 3G speed.

I may pick one up when they're released to try out alongside my AT&T iPhone to compare and contrast. If Verizon blows me away like their loyal customers claim, I may keep it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
Seattle is one place where AT&T seems to have really good 3G coverage (I've never had the dropped call issues or slow data that people in other areas Like San Francisco have reported) and ever since I switched to iPhone, I almost never have to deal with ATT directly like I did with my old Windows Phones so I'll stay with ATT for now.

-Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
i voted happy with AT&T..

i am in the new england area and can't remember the last time i dropped a call or had bad 3g service

also as someone stated earlier the customer service with AT&T is very good imo

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have been with AirTouch/Verizon for more than 10 years. I have not had any problems with customer service or phone service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
I am going to get an iphone and was waiting on Verizon. I was wondering if AT&T would do things Verizon wouldn't... I wanted to make sure I understand the voice/data thing. Does this mean you can talk and text or surf the internet at the same time? I'm with Verizon and I can talk and text at the same time. I'm currently using a EnV3 to do this. Looking on Verizon's page when asked if it would work on their 4G LTE network it stated it would use the 3G. I believe AT&T's will up-grade to the 4G. At least I think I'm right on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I am with Sprint, and since they do not have an iPhone, it is not an option for me. I am happy with my service from Sprint, and at one point thought that if they did get an iPhone, I would jump on it. I recently got an HTC EVO, and now if Sprint were to ever get an iPhone, I doubt that I would get one. I do like the iPhone, but the EVO does everything I could want and more.

Pretty much this. I'd also like to add that while the iPhone is a fine phone, I'm finding its design to be a bit long in the tooth these days. As far as Verizon goes, there's no way I'd touch their network with the lousy customer service that goes with it, for one. Secondly, since I'm with Sprint, I get coverage anywhere that Verizon has a tower if I'm ever roaming, and thirdly, my wife and I both get unlimited data (text, web gps etc etc) as well as unlimited mobile to any other mobile network for a whopping... $124 a month. (that's both of us, including taxes and other stuff) Neither VZN or ATT can touch that with a 20 foot pole.

Not to mention that both ATT and VZ networks will be jam packed because of the iPhone while we Sprint customers will be sitting pretty as usual. ;)

Oh, and my EVO kicks major butt, too. :Cool:

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I am going to get an iphone and was waiting on Verizon. I was wondering if AT&T would do things Verizon wouldn't... I wanted to make sure I understand the voice/data thing. Does this mean you can talk and text or surf the internet at the same time?

You can talk and text, just not talk and do anything that requires data. Text flows on the cell network not the data network. No Web surfing, Google Maps, On-line gaming or e-mail unless you are on a WiFi network while talking. My old Palm VZW phone could do talk/text simultaneously even.

Both AT&T and VZW are upgrading to 4G/LTE and both will have their networks more or less nationwide by the summer of 2012 which is when the iPhone 5, 4G/LTE capable phone will likely appear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.9.4 MacBook Pro 15" 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Are you getting the Verizon iPhone?

No, I have a BlackBerry through Sprint.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.