Which printer?

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've recently started working a lot more from home therefore I need to get myself a printer. I'm not looking to print photos, I just need a decent printer that can print documents like emails, rough design layouts, invoices etc etc. I've not had my own printer for a long time so I've no idea what's what but I like the idea of it being wireless. I also guess that the ability to copy/scan would be quite useful.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I had a quick look on play.com and the first two I saw were this and this - what do you think?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
If you have an iPhone or iPad (or plan on getting one in the future), I'd suggest an HP printer that is compatible with AirPrint. Just a thought...

OP
darrylyoung
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got an iPhone - thanks for the heads up, I'll look into it.

Anyone else? :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When purchasing any printer you want to be sure that it's not going to eat you out of house and home..... :) Both HP models you linked to are nice printers, however, before purchasing either of them check prices for the ink cartridges they use and try to determine what your usage will be.

I keep two printers in my home office: One a LaserJet for common BW use because the toner cartridge goes a long way. I have a second one which is a multi-function color unit that I use sparingly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I don't have experience of wireless printing, but for plain b/w laser text and diagram printing, I would highly recommend the Brother brand.

For scanning and copying, I'd vote Canon Pixma (inkjet), but their laser machines don't seem to gather a lot of support. There have also been a number of posts about their suspect wireless compatibility.

See if this All-In-One Printer 2011 | Multifunction Printers | Printer Scanner Copier Fax - TopTenREVIEWS will help you decide.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
As someone already noted if you plan on an ipad,iPhone and Mac to print wireless then an
eprint will be valuable and currently I think the new HP's are the only ones, of course you could always pay for the 10.00 app that is supposed to work or do like I do email it
to myself and print it from my main computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.