Software Updating

Reaction score
Hi,

I hope someone can advise me. I want to use some adobe software on my macbook pro which is connected to the internet. However I understand the these applications (indesign, photoshop etc) randomly connect to the internet to adobe to check verification and install updates.

I don’t like updating software versions and prefer to leave them alone once installed. Do these programmes only connect to the internet when I am using them or can they connect even when the application is closed.

If I have the application open, can I just turn off my airport extreme when using the software to stop it connecting when I don’t want it, and then quit the application and put my airport back on afterwards?

Sorry for the long question but I got a Mac rather than a PC because I don’t like all the updates and auto logging onto websites.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.