External drive partition trouble

Reaction score
Hi all!
I am new to the forum and I am a fool.

I had to join because of this-

I was using an external drive to access pro tools session files and audio off of as I mixed on my new 8 core westmere mac pro. I decided to use two internal drives to boot off of to use 2 versions of pro tools hd. Everything went smoothly. I decided to roll back from 10.6.4 to 10.5.4 on the other drive so I could use PT7.4.2. I obtained the os and decided to make a bootable partition on my external drive for some stupid reason. Big mistake.

I sized a small partition. I decided to hit enter thinking nothing would happen. It split into 2 dives. As I did this I noticed that the original lacie drive was mac extended, not journaled. The new partition was os extended journaled, specified to 20 gb. After I did this two drives mounted and all my files on the original disappeared.

So I download testdisk and tried that walk through where you rebuild the tables and it didnt give me the same prompts so I quit it immediately.

What do you think?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.