Airport Card

Reaction score
I have a 15 Macbook Pro with airport already installed. All of a sudden yesterday it finds my wireless network but will not connect to it. I can connect from the PC Laptop without any problems so it is not the router/modem (all in one from my Internet Provider). Any ideas on how I find out if the airport card needs to be replaced or not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Try a couple of things...

1. Try connecting to someone else's wifi or a free wifi hotspot to see if there are problems connecting to a different source. If you can't connect to anyone else wifi then it could well be the card.

2. Open System Preferences then Network, click on your airport card, click Advanced, in the network list click your network then click the minus symbol to make it forget the network connection, next logout, log back in and re-connect to your wifi, see if that clears it.

3. You could also try repairing your disk and repairing disk permissions, to repair disk boot your MBP into your install disk, at the top menu click utilities then click disk utility click your HDD then click repair disk, once this has completed click on repair disk permissions.

Hope one of these helps/ works.

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.