• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

anyone work in a retail store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
Im through to the second round of interviews for the new store in the UK and was woundering if anyone else works in a retail store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I'm pretty sure one of clauses of the contracts of those who do work in the Apple Stores is that if they post on message boards they are not allowed to even say that they work in a store, even if its not to divulge information

OP
inflexion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
its not to post on rumor site (this is far from) and to divulge info about what we talked about during the interviews so it was said today

Z

Zingy

Apple actually say that you cannot divulge info on BBs?
I work for Game and they never mention anything like that.

OP
inflexion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea its part of the confidentiallity agreement.

it makes sense though if you think about it as it stops people asking for silly stuff like "when is the g5 powerbook coming out?" etc etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
In general I don't think most employers want you divulging that you work for them on any kind of message board that involves their business. Always check with your company before doing so to see if it's ok otherwise you can get yourself into alot of trouble.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I work for an Apple affiliated retail store chain (the largest in Germany), but since we don't get told anything by apple I'm not too worried.. :)

I think the bosses might have a better inkling than most what's coming down the pipe, but nothing concrete ever reaches our ears.

OP
inflexion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
apple said that they just dont want you on rumor sites but didnt mention anything about telling people you were going for a job there so i guess that its ok

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i need a job... what do you need to work at an apple store?

Reaction score
PowerBookG4 said:
i need a job... what do you need to work at an apple store?

To just be one of the regular sales people, you don't need a whole lot, a bit of retail experience might help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.