Iphone 4 Battery drain and warm issues

Reaction score
Hello experts, i recently bought my first iphone 4 from best buy four days ago
i was really excited but i noticed that it drains battery quickly
i left it at 100% one night and when i woke up it was 97%
when i used it i played angry birds, nfs shift, and gti, (it lagged a little) all for around 15 minutes i played but not continuously, and then i surfed the web on 3g for about 4 minutes after that battery went down to 82%
and the battery gets warm when i play games like nfs, and while charging but not too warm

this is my first iphone i dont know whether i should take it back to best buy or not,

Any help would be greatly appreciated Thx :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hello experts, i recently bought my first iphone 4 from best buy four days ago
i was really excited but i noticed that it drains battery quickly
i left it at 100% one night and when i woke up it was 97%
when i used it i played angry birds, nfs shift, and gti, (it lagged a little) all for around 15 minutes i played but not continuously, and then i surfed the web on 3g for about 4 minutes after that battery went down to 82%
and the battery gets warm when i play games like nfs, and while charging but not too warm

this is my first iphone i dont know whether i should take it back to best buy or not,

Any help would be greatly appreciated Thx :)

If you aren't charging it at night, then some battery drain should be expected. Even with the screen locked and blank, it's still operating to a small extent. This is true of any cellphone.

The warmth you think you are getting from the battery while playing games is more likely the cpu. Graphically-intense games are pushing the CPU harder for longer periods, which makes them hot. Just like any other computer. Running the CPU requires battery power, and pushing it hard for extended periods simply drains the battery that much faster. This is true for everything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.