Connecting turntable, Mac mini, speakers

Reaction score
Hi- this is my first post to this forum. Tech question- I just bought an Audio technica at-lp60 turntable, this is non-USB model. I have connected audio out on tt to audio in on my Mac mini which is about six months old. Audio out fro
my Mac goes to Logitech S220 speakers. I also have a tv connected to Mac via hdmi cable. The sound from tv and iTunes on Mac sound great but when I play a record on tt I only hear the sound coming from the stylus- nothing through speakers. TT is set on line level out. All volume levels are at max. All preferences appear to be set correctly. Any ideas on why I'm not getting audio from TT going through Mac to speakers? TIA for your help.

OP
N
Reaction score
More info- Still need help

I just got home and did a test by plugging the turntable output directly into the Logitech speakers and it played perfectly. So the problem has to be getting the TT output into the Mac Mini and back out to the speakers. Again- TT has built in pre-amp, set to LINE OUT on back of TT to sound input on Mac. Audio out from Mac to speakers. Using Audacity software and when record plays it doesn't register any signal coming in. Help, please.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.