• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I`m in the mac stor in Japan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
This is great!! I am typeing this on an Powermac G5 with 2 30in displays.

Gotta go!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
haha sweet.
don't know if i missed it in another thread, but whatcha doin in japan?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
Well, i am at home finally.

I was on a 4-H international Exchange program. I was over in Japan for 3 weeks (almost 4). I spent most of my time in Tokyo with a host family. My family had hosted there son so i know him pretty well and when i told him i was coming to Japan he offered for me to stay at his home. All in all, it was a great experience. most of the food was good, didn't like the squid, octopus, and fermented soybeans.

If anyone is interested in going to Japan on an exchange program just contact your county extension office. If you want to host foreign youth also contact the extension office.

I think it cost me 3,200 for the trip. That included all tickets and stuff like that. The only money i had to take was for gifts.

It was a really good experience!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Sounds like a fun trip.

Yeah, I've been on the Powermac G5 w/ 30" Display setup at other Apple Stores, and it is a pretty cool experience. I'm getting a G5 soon, although I don't know if I can justify getting that huge screen. But...Maybe I'll convince myself, lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.