Question

Reaction score
Okay wasn't sure where to post this so hopefully this is the place, if not feel free to move it and sorry for the inconvenience.

Any who I have a question about Flash Player, I've been looking around and found ClickToFlash (found out about it here actually) and I don't really get it seeing as I've always owned a PC until now. So my question is should I install the ClickToFlash or regular Adobe Flash Player. And also (I feel like this is a really stupid question:Blushing:) do I need to install Adobe Reader in order for the Flash content to show up?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP 16gb ram, 2.3 i7, 500 gb hd, 750 gb hd
You need the Adobe Flash Player to play Flash. ClickToFlash simply makes it to where you have to click to load a Flash element instead of it loading automatically. You don't need Adobe Reader to play Flash. Reader is for PDFs, and Preview handles those in OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
To clarify above. Flash can use a lot of system resources. So having to click on the flash means less system resources used. Cause all the flash on every webpage is autoloaded. You can choose to load up only the flash you want to see.

And I think from now on in every new Mac you need to download the flash plug in to use flash. I read that somewhere that 2011 and later imacs will be like this. I think that's right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.