Iphone 3g wireless not connecting to any network

Reaction score
I have an iphone 3g that can see wireless networks, but cannot connect to any of them. I receive the "Unable to connect to _____ network"
I know that this is an issue for a lot of users, but I have not seen a definitive solution as of yet, so I thought I would post here.
I am currently running the 4.2.1 IOS. I have tried the troubleshooting tips from Apple, hard reset, restore, reset all wireless settings, etc. The wireless did work beautifully for a while, but stopped about three to four months ago. Any help that you could provide would be most appreciated.
My phone is great, this is the only thing that doesn't work, so I am not keen to go out and spend the money on an iPhone 4 just yet.

Thanks,
TG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have an iphone 3g that can see wireless networks, but cannot connect to any of them. I receive the "Unable to connect to _____ network"
I know that this is an issue for a lot of users, but I have not seen a definitive solution as of yet, so I thought I would post here.
I am currently running the 4.2.1 IOS. I have tried the troubleshooting tips from Apple, hard reset, restore, reset all wireless settings, etc. The wireless did work beautifully for a while, but stopped about three to four months ago. Any help that you could provide would be most appreciated.
My phone is great, this is the only thing that doesn't work, so I am not keen to go out and spend the money on an iPhone 4 just yet.

It sounds like you've used every possible trick in the book. There seems to be no other explanation short of a hardware failure. Is your iPhone still under warranty? It'd be for one year from date of purchase.

EDIT: If it is out of warranty, you can always see about having it fixed. iResQ offers diagnostic assessments for free.
http://www.iresq.com//iphone-repair/iphone-3g.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.