• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Intel Announces 'Sandy Bridge' Core Processors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

But that's what technology is.
C2D came out, and C2Q was already being produced.
HD 5870 were released a few months ago and HD 6970's are already out.

Replacements are already in place for the HD 6xxx series lol. Technology is not a waiting mans game. If you pass on SB, pass on Ivy Bridge, pass on everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'd pass on Sandy Bridge simply because it doesn't actually support OpenCL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram
But that's what technology is.
C2D came out, and C2Q was already being produced.
HD 5870 were released a few months ago and HD 6970's are already out.

Replacements are already in place for the HD 6xxx series lol. Technology is not a waiting mans game. If you pass on SB, pass on Ivy Bridge, pass on everything.

truth, but still, sandy bridge is 32nm whereas ivy is 22nm. you cant make that kind of jump every year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
The preliminary benchmarks on SB are outstanding tho.
Supposedly up to 38% faster than previous generation for certain i7 quads and like 20% faster for dual cores.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram
The preliminary benchmarks on SB are outstanding tho.
Supposedly up to 38% faster than previous generation for certain i7 quads and like 20% faster for dual cores.

I'm gonna be waiting for bulldozer, but still, this is awesome to hear about. people have been getting to 5ghz OC on air cooling, wish games and programs would now take the incentive to get some decent multi core support

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.