Epson R1900 vs Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II inkjet printers

Reaction score
My Epson R1900 recently developed 2 clogged nozzles. This is only 18 mo old but I guess my problem is that I did not use it often enough. Epson gave the # of a repair location that wants $259 to repair it! I purchased a solution to try to declog it myself but if that doesn't work I need to replace it. Epson offerred me a good price of $259 to replace it, but I'm not sure I want the same headaches with clogged nozzles so I am considering the Canon Pixma 9000 ink jet. Would this be less likely to clog with low usage? Also, with the Epson, it worked with the Airport wireless, but I cannot see the low ink or perform cleaning from my MAC. My only indication of low ink is when it blinks on the printer and I must also run the cleaning procedure (which has not worked even though I ran it about 6x) directly on the printer. Would the Canon work better with the Airport wireless? I called Canon to ask and they said it 'should' work but they don't support it. Is anyone using this setup with the Canon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
I think you'll be waiting a while for someone with that setup to reply.

Canons have the reputation for clogging less.

The lack of utility functions is a limitation of the Airport Extreme/Express - it will be the same with a Canon.

OP
A
Reaction score
OK, thx. Do you know if the Canon Pixma 9000 Mark II prints as good quality photos as the Espon R1900? I am hestitant to rebuy the Epson since I had this problem, even though I could get it for $100 less than the Canon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.