Help - Xmas present for Son likely to turn bad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (2010), Ipad, Iphone,
Help

I bought my son an iPAD for Xmas and downloaded a few apps and a few movies from itunes using my account. I also gave him a iTunes gift card so he could buy his own apps and movies etc.... and I set up an iTunes account under his name.

Of course, now if I sync with his iTunes account he will lose the stuff I loaded for him and because he has his own account Home sharing doesn't seem to want to work.

Is there a way to keep his apps/movies on his ipad yet still have his own iTunes account.

A dad who has gone from hero to Zero - Thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I believe you can only share up to 5 computers if they all use the same itunes account name (for anything purchased) - which seems the be the dilemma.

Thanks though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
McYukon

Thanks a million - sent you a message to say how much your post helped! Really appreciate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.