• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Motorola Citrus vs Palm Pixi Plus ?

Reaction score
I'm looking at these two phones as possible first smartphones with my new phone and 2 year contract with Verizon. I'm interested in good call quality, durability, and I think in either case my texting experience will improve hugely over my current Motorola flip phone. Apps and games don't mean much to me, but the ability to occasionally send an email and easy text, plus possible GPS in case I need a backup for my Garmin does.

A plus with the citrus might be that my current vehicle charger would probably work with it, mini USB for the W755.

The Palm Pixi keyboard seems a little small, but still has the qwerty keyboard. Both are free with my upgrade. The Palm Pixi Plus does seem kind of like a girl phone, but it's not pink and hey, if it works for me, let them laugh. I like that it has a touch screen and a keyboard. My hands are pretty good sized, though.

Thank you for any replies!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Moto makes a very solid phone. Everything I've heard about the Palm line seems to indicate that they are very cheaply made. How about Blackberry? Are any of them an option? They make a very solid email/texting device, although I'm not sure about GPS/Nav capabilities.

Google's Navigation app for the Droids is very, very solid. I definitely think I'd lean toward the Moto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Or if Apple releases the iPhone on Version you could get that ;D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Or if Apple releases the iPhone on Version you could get that ;D

Somehow I doubt the mythical VZW iPhone will be available anytime soon, and even if it is, probably won't be a free phone option.

OP
Christopher
Reaction score
Thank you guys. You were right about Moto, and about the Palm. I went to a store and tried out the Palm Pixi. !!! That would have never worked. It's a great name, but you'd have to be a Pixi to use it with the size of the buttons. I really liked the Android with the fold out keyboard, so that's where I'm leaning. Thank you for the responses.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.