Photos disappered after sync

Reaction score
First, let me apologize for the lack of details. My brother and sister in law both have iPhone 3G's. My brother preformed a sync to iTunes with no problems. Later, he tried syncing his wife's phone. After a week, she noticed her pictures were gone. He looked on the Mac and found no trace of them (we've searched everywhere, but any suggestions are appreciated) Also, the contacts on the phone are now a combination of both phones. Odd thing is, when we attached her iphone up to the mac, it shows as an attached device, but it had the same name as my brothers phone (ie: Ken's iPhone). I was able to change the name of the phone and they now show as different names when I swap them. When my brother hooked up the wifes phone, he swears he did not click on anything that said delete photos during the sync process. Any ideas. Are the photos gone forever?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.