• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Best Holiday Gift - 2010

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
So, now that we're mostly through the holidays (be it Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, whatever), I thought it might be fun to hear about your favorite gift.

For me, it was a complete surprise - a very nice Keurig coffee maker, that my parents gave me. For a couple of years now, I've admired theirs, but it really wasn't practical for us, since my wife and I routinely fill up 16oz coffee mugs every morning. But I always thought it would be nice to have to make different kinds of coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, etc. over the weekends and in the evenings.

My parents surprised me with what I think is the high end model - it can do 5 different cup sizes, has an LCD screen, came with a water filter kit, three boxes of a variety of K-cups, and even a lazy susan style holder for K-cups. I've been enjoying coffee and hot chocolate all day today. I just love this thing - it was absolutely the perfect gift as it was something I would have never bought myself, but I really do enjoy it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Well...I got some decent stuff for Christmas this year (clothing, some good candy for my sweet tooth!:), etc.)...but no real surprises!:(. That's because the wife & I are holding out for the iPad 2.0.

If the iPad 2.0 would have been released before Christmas...then I'd now be visiting Mac-Forums on an iPad 2.0.:) But by this Spring (hopefully when the iPad 2.0 is released) a late Christmas present will appear!:)

- Nick

p.s. Actually last week I got a new set of 4 tires for my SUV...maybe that should count as an early Christmas present (but not as exciting as an iPad)!;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
For me it was a book. Autobiography of Stephen Fry. I did not expect it and it looks like a good read.

VEG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook air 13" Iphone 5
new member and just got my first mac a macbook air 13"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Two turkey dinners, and being with my girl and such, seeing my family.

Oooh and some Ernie Ball Super Slinky (.45-.100) bass strings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
My wife and I didn't do gifts per se, as we both had things better selected for/by ourselves... I snagged a MBA 13" around Thanksgiving and picked up a Glock 36 .45ACP this week as my new CCW. We jointly bought a Honda EU2000i generator for the home. She grabbed herself a new watch and some clothes for job interviews and school. I'll probably pick up a new AppleTV tomorrow so we can save the original one for road trips.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
I only got one thing for Christmas, a Wii, which I bought myself.
So I guess that's the biggest surprise =/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Hmm. Best pressie - Apple Magic Trackpad (which I ordered as my pressie from the Mrs).
I already love it.
Didn't get much else all bar some money and a new iTrip. Oh and a drummer badge from my daughter, which was cool as she bought it off her own back from her own money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I havnt got any family and spent the last 2 weeks alone ..... My son is coming home from his holidays in a week so to me that will be my Christmas Pressie . . .as i havnt received even a card as yet ....
Might go and buy my self a remote control Helicopter today to keep me busy until the 3rd of Jan when my boy comes home

EDIT : PS @kev What is a drummers badge mate ?? Curious

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
The Swiss Army Picnicker knife, always in need of a good sturdy knife out here in the brush.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Received a nice $$ Apple Gift card from my son - enough to buy a new MBP for our business. Was a wonderful surprise. I'm going to hold on to it for awhile to see if Apple updates the MBP line this Spring. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 Macbook Pro 13"
My wife and I were given the gift of watching our children opening and enjoying their presents, and the comfort of knowing that we are all healthy.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I think the best Christmas present that I got this year was three boxes of Coco Pebbles. :p

Aside from the money that I got for Christmas...that is going to fund some new glass for my camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
My wife and I were given the gift of watching our children opening and enjoying their presents, and the comfort of knowing that we are all healthy.

That is just golden :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Kind of a lame gift giving this year, but we just came back from Europe and can't really afford to go all out. I am however, getting my wife a new Kindle along with a nice case for it. Was going to get it yesterday, but decided to apply for the Amazon credit card which would give me a nice discount on it and no interest. Probably a nice pair of small diamond stud ear rings too.. .she's wanted a pair for a while so..

I got a new pair of shoes, which I really needed and, though my wife doesn't know it yet, I'll be getting an X Box 360 at some point ;) Oh, and whenever it comes out, a new Nikon D800 and a few new lenses. Yeah... she's so good to me !

But I guess the best of all presents we could have asked for, is that we found jobs! Took her about a month, and about the same for me. It's good not to have to worry about that, especially today.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
a new Nikon D800 and a few new lenses. Yeah... she's so good to me !

Ohhh Envy ;P

But I guess the best of all presents we could have asked for, is that we found jobs! Took her about a month, and about the same for me. It's good not to have to worry about that, especially today.

Well done and congrats there Doug ......
I know what you mean about not having to worry as i lost mine 2 1/2 weeks before Christmas and i have been told i have a start on the 4th Jan, but until i start im worried as anything can happen between now and then and i could still get a call saying dont worry :( Hope not

But again Congrats mate ....

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Ohhh Envy ;P

Well done and congrats there Doug ......
I know what you mean about not having to worry as i lost mine 2 1/2 weeks before Christmas and i have been told i have a start on the 4th Jan, but until i start im worried as anything can happen between now and then and i could still get a call saying dont worry :( Hope not

But again Congrats mate ....

Cheers

Congrats on the job. Best of luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats on the job. Best of luck!

Hey there XJ . . . . . Cheers for that mate. Will see how we go :) Looking forward to it as im sick of my 4 walls already lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
@Tattooedmac - a drummer badge is just a badge with the word "drummer" on it :p

It was the fact that she thought of it a paid for it that made it special.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
I got computer parts to build my own computer. Extremely fun too build. Took me around 3 hours to get it up and running with Snow Leopard and Windows 7 ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.