Browsing list of photos in Full Screen in Finder

Reaction score
Hello friends.

One week after i bought my first mac (imac 27'') I'm getting used to it.

Just one question that i can't handle.

I want to maximize the finder window so i can see the most of photo icons possible, so I can select and copy some.

I've downloaded a program called right zoom, and it maximizes the finder window, however the photos only share a third of the screen, if you know what i mean. I can increase the size of the icons and make them appear in full screen, but that's not what I want, because i want to see the largest number of photos...
In summary... the finder is full screen, but the photos keep occupying only a certain portion of it...

Hope I made myself clear... and sorry for my rusty English :)
Can you help?

Best regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If you have it in the cover flow view as I have selected, you can drag down the image view from where I have inserted the arrow to resize that portion.

C

chas_m

1. Select list of photos.
2. Press spacebar.
3. Click full screen.
4. Enjoy photos.
5. When done enjoying photos, press spacebar again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Hello friends.

One week after i bought my first mac (imac 27'') I'm getting used to it.

Just one question that i can't handle.

I want to maximize the finder window so i can see the most of photo icons possible, so I can select and copy some.

I've downloaded a program called right zoom, and it maximizes the finder window, however the photos only share a third of the screen, if you know what i mean. I can increase the size of the icons and make them appear in full screen, but that's not what I want, because i want to see the largest number of photos...
In summary... the finder is full screen, but the photos keep occupying only a certain portion of it...

Hope I made myself clear... and sorry for my rusty English :)
Can you help?

Best regards
Hi. I think I know exactly what you mean as I have this problem too sometimes. While looking at the thumbnails you need to choose the menu option View, then Arrange by, then (forexample) Name. The finder winder will then fill with thumbnails.

I can't figure out whay this sometimes happens automatically or why I have to do this manual method, but try it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I see what you mean. If you hold alt while right(context) clicking you will see "keep arranged by" - if you do this then when you "maximize" your window with right zoom - your icons should take up the whole screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.