PDA

View Full Version : Would you write a review?

schweb
08-07-2005, 08:49 AM
If we created a Reviews forum for writing reviews of Mac software and hardware products would you be a contributor?

Aptmunich
08-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Yeah I could see myself writing a review for macforums...

But I think you should definitely set up some criteria concerning ratings system, formatting and objectivity. It would also be worth considering if you only let members who've either been here a while or have good feedback post reviews.
You don't want to end up with manufacturers writing good reviews of their own stuff and trashing competitors.

But generally I think it's a cool idea, as I appreciate the opinions of the users here.

schweb
08-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Great points Aptmunich and they're definitely something we've been thinking through. Basically there would be a board tenure requirement, a common format and rating system, as well as a few other parameters. All reviews would be approved by the mods before they're publicly posted to ensure that they meet the high standards we would set.

PowerBookG4
08-07-2005, 10:20 AM
I would write reviews, maybe even often, if i meet the requirements, I see a reviews section a good thing to help out the other users of the forums to help them see what other users are using, and if they like them or not. It would also alow people to tell the users of this forum that when another user used a product it was not the best but might be worth it for somebody else to buy or to stay away from it at all cost, so I do believe that a reviews section would be a great idea, and I am also a big fan of screening them before they actually make the site.

schweb
08-07-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm sure you'd meet, they wouldn't be too stringent, mainly just a way to prevent shill reviewers as Aptmunich pointed out.

D3v1L80Y
08-07-2005, 05:57 PM
I think it would be a very helpful addition, especially if multiple people reviewed the same thing. If opinions differed, it would give a sort of point/counterpoint view, which is helpful to some in the decision making process to purchase something new.

Fallooza
08-07-2005, 05:59 PM
i wouldnt write any (not that i would meet the requirements anyway). i would on the other hand like ta read other peoples reviews. it would be nice for people ta be able to submit a product and ask people ta review it too.

macAttack
08-07-2005, 07:34 PM
i'm thinking along the same lines a fallooza

schweb
08-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Check out the new forum (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62). ;)

MacAddikt
08-09-2005, 08:38 PM
no, im pretty lazy .. and unless im looking to buy the product, i doubt id read it .. but i like the idea :biohazard

Padawan
08-09-2005, 09:19 PM
I would certainly be happy to contribute a review. I love writing (especially about things that I like), and since I get to do so quite rarely, it would be a nice opportunity. I think reviews would also be a valuable resource for the forum community.

iLEFTOVERCRACK
08-09-2005, 09:21 PM
i most defiantly would....although i probably meet the requirements

coach_z
08-09-2005, 09:43 PM
i'd be happy to review a few products here and there but i wouldnt know what they would be....how about another software giveaway that we can write stuff up for?!

-chris

iLEFTOVERCRACK
08-09-2005, 09:45 PM
i agree

Fallooza
08-10-2005, 03:30 AM
please dont do any more giveaways.

schweb
08-10-2005, 08:18 AM
i'd be happy to review a few products here and there but i wouldnt know what they would be....how about another software giveaway that we can write stuff up for?!

-chris
The problem is that we also asked the people who we gave the free software to last time to write a review and to my knowledge only very few did so it doesn't seem like a good impetus to get people to write. ;)

macEfan
08-15-2005, 12:08 AM
I'd write some

coach_z
08-15-2005, 12:15 AM
it was just a thought...i am still trying think of something to review

-chris