iPhone photos to Macbook photo files

Reaction score
I take a lot of photos for my work with the iPhone and when I get back to the office, I'd like to transfer those photos to my Macbook Pro. What is the best method to do that if I want to transfer certain photos rather than all that are on the iPhone? I have an iMac at home that i don't even sync with iPhone photos. Usually if I want the photo file on my Mac I just email it but I may take 50 photos for work and hate to email all 50 or have to sync 200. Plus, I like to keep the photos in customer files rather than iPhoto Events.

As of now I'm having to email, drag onto a desktop folder for John Doe and then transfer them to my Passport Work Photo Folder

C

chas_m

I take a lot of photos for my work with the iPhone and when I get back to the office, I'd like to transfer those photos to my Macbook Pro. What is the best method to do that if I want to transfer certain photos rather than all that are on the iPhone?

Image Capture, a program already on your MBP, can handle this for you. You could, if you wish on that machine, change the system preference to Image Capture whenever a camera is connected, or just launch IC manually when the iPhone is connected.

IC will allow you to examine and select which photos get copied, to where, and you can also choose to delete them from the iPhone after you're done.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.