2 room speaker set-up?

Reaction score
Im currently running an LG LFA840 Micro hi-fi system off my Mac Pro in my "computer room". This sounds great to my ears - mostly I listen while I'm on the computer or in the room. But he sound doesn't carry outside the room as well I as I would like to the living room where I'm often hanging out.

What I'm looking for is a dual system basically. I'm hoping to get a small, inexpensive home theater set up in the living room. I live in a small apt., so I don't need anything crazy...
I'd like to be able to play music through speakers in the computer room (hopefully with the existing system) and also in the living room through a separate set at the same time. But also be able to switch to only the living room speakers for movies and what not.

I haven't done much research yet and I'm sure there are some simple and obvious solutions, but this isn't my area of expertise. I'm hoping someone could lend some advice.

Thanks,
Jason

Reaction score
that system doesn't look like it's capable of using more speakers. check if there are more outputs on the back.

something like the logitech z 5500 is also an option, these are made for computers and i believe it's a 7.1 system

if you actually want a legitimate stereo you should get a sound card, audio receiver, speakers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
You probably would be better off buying a new reciever with powered zone 2 capabilities
they make them in several varieties from Onkyo,Pioneer and Sony. If not concerned with
5.1 for home theater then a reciever with an a +b , a or b speaker switch would work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.